This compressor has been refurbished by Brewster Electronics in Brewster NY.
The CP540 compressor is a vintage style compressor with discrete circuitry similar to that of a Neve 2254. It features a side-chained high pass filter that can be set to: 50Hz, 100Hz, or 7kHz. This enables the user to prevent bass frequencies from triggering the compression or with the 7kHz setting it becomes a wonderful de-esser. You can also stereo link two CP540s together with a TRS patch cable, turning the CP540 into a great stereo compressor for drums, piano, or your master bus! This feature can be switched off on the front of the compressor, so you can easily go back to dual mono compressors without the need to unplug the cable. The CP540's ratio can be set from a mild 1.5:1 ratio up to a 6:1 setting.
• XLR and TRS i/o
• Frequency Response: 20 Hz 20 KHz +/- 0.5 dB.
• Sensitivity: 20 dBu maximum at 1 Khz
• Input impedance: 50K Ohms (Balanced)
• Output impedance: 200 Ohms (Balanced)
• Noise: Less than -80 dBu
• Maximum Output Level: 20 dBu
• Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.5% at 1 KHz, +4dBu